As part of London Climate Action Week 2022, the Council will be holding its first drop-in event at The Treaty Centre, Hounslow, between 10am and 2pm on Thursday, 30 June.
Council officers will be on-hand to provide information to help residents go greener. The team will also provide information on the green help available to support residents through the cost of living crisis.
The surgery will include:
• How to reduce waste and maximise your recycling - This is great for the environment and can help reduce your day-to-day living expenses. Cutting waste and making your food and other household essentials go further can save you money.
• Energy efficiency and cutting your bills - With energy bills at record levels and set to rise even further, there’s never been a better time to discover how you can conserve your home energy and take simple steps to reduce your usage. The team will also provide information about what support is available to help residents fit energy-saving measures in their homes, such as insulation, solar panels and energy-saving lighting.
• Getting around Hounslow cheaply and healthily - As one of the greenest boroughs in London, Hounslow has a wealth of open spaces and parks for everyone to enjoy. We are also promoting active travel as a real alternative to the car. Cycling and walking for work and leisure will reduce air pollution and save you money. The team will be signposting visitors to initiatives such as the Try before you bike scheme and other projects aimed at getting Hounslow moving.
After the initial event, the surgeries will be at The Treaty Centre, between 10am and 2pm every Thursday throughout July.
Hounslow Council’s Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Climate, Environment and Transport Strategy, Councillor Katherine Dunne, said: “We are all acutely aware of how much people are struggling with the cost of living crisis. The Council and its partners are doing all they can to support our communities through this difficult time.”
“We are also committed to protecting our environment and improving the long-term health of our borough and the people who live here.”
“The steps we take to cut our fuel bills, make our homes more efficient, reduce our waste and end our reliance on the car also support our ambitions to reduce carbon emissions in our borough, clean our air and provide a safe and healthy environment for future generations.”
“Please come along to our surgery and find out more about how taking simple steps can help yourself and others.”
The surgery will take place at Unit 18 (opposite Claire’s Accessories) at The Treaty Centre, High Street, Hounslow, TW3 1ES.
• To find out what support is available with the cost of living issues, click here.
• To find out more about how Hounslow Council is tackling climate change, click here.